Must have Effective Tools for your Email Marketing Campaign
| ||Visited: 1687|
by Michael Harred
August 16, 2016
With all the talk about social media marketing you may be wondering why we would say you must have these effective tools for email marketing campaigns.
Well just because social media marketing is all the rage right now, does not mean you should not use email marketing as well.
In fact, email marketing is still one of the best ways to gain customers and readers to your newsletter or blog.
If you combine email and social media marketing your chances of customers and readers doubles, but only if you employ the best strategies and tools for your email marketing campaigns.
A few quick tips on using email for marketing
Before we get to the best tools; let’s take a look at a few quick tips on using email for marketing campaigns.
If you do not employ the proper use of email marketing you will not get the results you are looking for so these tips are important.
- Personalizing emails can either hurt or help you; it depends on how you personalize them. When using a name it is always best to say “because of past purchases (or reading, watching, listening) habits today’s deal suggestions are…” it has been shown that this type of personalization works much better than a name. Especially with all the phishing of personal information that can lead to identities being stolen.
- Watch your subject lines, a Wow or Hey will work better than subject lines with more than 10 to 12 characters.
- Times to send emails. Pay attention to the best times to send emails. It has been shown that the best open rate is between 8 pm and midnight since most people may download their email before work but don’t actually read it until after work.
- Optimize it for mobile! This is a must in today’s world with all the smart phones and tablets that are on the move constantly. Many people haven’t gotten away from the desktop computers and laptops for smart phones that go wherever they go.
For further reading on more tips to help your email marketing campaign succeed, you can read this.
7 Tools to help your email marketing campaign do even better
Now that we have discussed a few tips on better strategies for email marketing campaigns, let’s look at some of the top tools.
These tools were chosen because they were given 4.5 to 3.5 stars when tested by a very trusted source in all technological things from computers, software, apps, and more; PC.
- Campaigner – this has a 4.5 star rating. It offers; a free trial, unlimited emails, an image library, templates, tracking, multiple users, support by email and 24/7 phone, autoresponders, Gmail import, sign up forms, social media marketing and much more. At the end of your free trial, you will have to speak to a customer rep for a price.
- Mail chimp –a 4.5 star rating, this one is free but still offers quite a bit. Offered are unlimited emails, autoresponder, image library, templates, chat support, multiple users, tracking, and Gmail import also as well as more.
- Emma – a 4 star rating which has annual plans and provides; a free trial, and like campaigner and mail chimp image library, unlimited emails, tracking, and autoresponder. You also get Google analytics and user segments like the other 2 also.
- Campaign Monitor – a 3.5 star rated program that offers; annual plans, free trial, and money back guarantee. Like the others it allows; unlimited emails, autoresponders, templates, and tracking but it does not have an image library. It does allow multiple users, sign-up forms, analytics by Google, user segments, surveys, testing, and social media marketing, just like many of the others.
- Zoho Campaigns – another 3.5 star rated free program offers everything but chat support and Gmail import.
- Constant contact – also a 3.5 star rated program that offers plenty such as a free trial and money back guarantee. It also offers everything the others offer with the exception of 24/7 phone support.
- AdWeber – also a 3.5 star rated program that offers annual plans however, here are the things they do not offer; multiple users, 24/7 phone support, Gmail import, or analytics.
If you would like to see other software programs that will help you get the most out of your email marketing campaigns you can look here.
Special bonus Tools you must have
I have several bonus tools you really must try out!
While there is a lot of talk about social media marketing campaigns, you truly can’t forget about email marketing campaigns either.
Email marketing is still one of the top tools to use in your marketing program. So brush up on your use of email marketing and check out some of the best tools for doing email.